Monday, July 21, 2008

Goodbye Heidi!


A year and a half ago I developed severe asthma and we recently found out that one of the major contributing causes was our beloved dog Heidi. It was recommended by my Dr. that we get rid of her, so we ended up finding her a very nice home last Thursday. We miss her dearly though! She's been with us for over 7 years (I spent 2 years doing Search and Rescue with her, 2 years in obediance training, and another year doing agility with her!). Brandon misses her a lot too- he keeps saying "Heidi, where are you?" all day long. Her new family called us Friday evening though, to say that they love her so much and that she's adjusting really well to her new home. Hopefully this is all for the better, because our home just isn't the same without Heidi laying at our feet.

3 comments:

Steph said...

So sad. I'm allergic too and so we can't have pets. Are you feeling better?

MissQ22 said...

awww, what a bummer! I'm so sorry! We've had our cat longer than our kids! I complain about her alot, but if I had to get rid of her I'd be super sad! Does this mean you can't have any animals at all?

Joey Clements said...

Thanks girls! I'm feeling quite a bit better other then having a sinus infection. I'm still finding dog hair everywhere, but I can definitely tell a difference in my allergies. We still have cats but they mostly stay outside just because I don't want cat hair everywhere.