Friday, February 13, 2009

A much needed reprieve...

I think I've been so stuck in my own little world, that I haven't been a very good friend lately. I seem to have let Dr.s appts., school meetings and Brandon's therapy take over my life. So when Britney called me up to get together for lunch on Wednesday, I was ecstatic! Britney, you are awesome, and you have no idea how bad I needed someone to help me get out of my rut!
She made an awesome lunch for us (thank you, thank you, thank you!!!), our kids got to play together, and best of all I got to slow down and spend time with my dear friend that I've missed very much. So, I concluded that I need to take time to find identities other then just being "mom" all the time, and that I need to put more effort into my friendships (oooooh, 2 lessons in 1 day, yay!).
Wednesday also happened to be the day of our anniversary, and a friend of ours offered to watch our kids so we could go out. It was our first date since Oct. 2007! Sad, I know. We were planning to go to Olive Garden, but decided on Chapalas last minute, and I'm so glad we did. When we got there, there were only 4 other people in the whole place. I think we spent 2 hours there just talking and reconnecting. We had both been looking forward to our night out, and it was every bit as wonderful as we had hoped for.
After we left Chapalas, we weren't exactly sure what to do (really, what do adults without kids go do???), so we opted to just go wander the mall for awhile. It sounds lame, but it was actually a lot of fun. Unfortunately, the mall does have to close at a certain time, so we had no choice but to say goodbye to our night out. We did resolve to make date night a regular occurrence at our house after we realized how crucial it is on our marriage.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

good job on your date night. we always need a break from mom mode so we can remember that we are still hot sexy women.