Monday, March 16, 2009

Saying goodbye...

Brandon turns 3 this Friday, which marks the end of our time with The Infant Toddler Program, and everyone involved with it. It will be a big change for us, as our 3 therapists have been coming into our home for a year now. We will miss them greatly and it will be hard to fathom what we will do with our time in place of therapy, since it's been a routine for so long. These people hold special places in my heart now, I'm beyond grateful for everything they've done.
Our speech therapist, Kristi, has been one of our biggest advocates and we are truly sad to see her leave. Brandon has loved her from the start (literally, she was the first person he ever said "I love you" to), and it's because of her that his language has blossomed so much in such a short time. Kristi has always gone above and beyond her job to help us in any way possible- there aren't enough words in the English dictionary to express how thankful I am for that!
Christine, Brandon's Occupational Therapist, is another person that I am unequivocally thankful for. I'm sure I would have pulled my hair out long ago if it weren't for her! Chris comes into our house on a weekly basis to help Brandon with anything from simple tasks, like brushing his teeth, to next to impossible tasks (for Brandon, at least) like transitioning with ease and playing nicely with Rylee. She's done everything from stay late to help me with paperwork, to listen to me vent on a regular basis. She's an absolute super-hero in my book, and I don't know what I would have done without her.
It will be hard to say goodbye, especially for Brandon- he talks about Chris and Kristi all the time. I hope that his new preschool will have people just as devoted in helping Brandon as these ladies have been.

No comments: