Thursday, September 11, 2008

I hate picture day!

My kids were scheduled to have their pictures taken at JC Penny's on Tuesday afternoon, so I had the added stress of trying to keep them clean until their 4:00 appt. It turns out keeping them clean wasn't what I should have been stressed about. That morning just started out horrible which should have been my first clue that maybe it wasn't the best day for pics. It began when I lost about half the eye lashes in my right eyelid because my stupid eyelash curler was a little stucky (it was brand new, what the heck would make it sticky?!), and then Rylee fell and hit her head on baseboard in our family room, and ended up with a huge red and blue bump on her forehead! I decided to put my kids down for their naps so they would be happy for their pictures, and apparently Rylee pooped in her sleep because she woke up with massive diaper rash and didn't want to sit up because it hurt too much (poor girl, I don't blame her one bit). On top of that, as we were walking out the door, Brandon decided to poop which I thought was going to make us late getting there- it's such a fight to change that boy's diaper! When we got to JC Penny's I decided that I only wanted a picture of my kids together, not individual pics, since I don't have many of my kids together. I guess Brandon had other ideas, because he refused to sit with Rylee- the photographer tried putting Rylee in his lap and he just pushed her onto the ground. My poor baby had already been through enough that day, so we decided that maybe individual pics would just have to do. Of course, Brandon would sit still for those when it was his turn. When it was Rylee's turn however, he took the time to try to break their camera and pull down their backdrop. Sigh! We did get some cute pictures of my kids, but NONE of them together. I guess I'll just have to wait until they're a little older. So on top of all this stress, when I got home I discovered a letter from our mortgage company saying that one of their former employees sold our identities (social security #'s, address, etc.) and now we have to watch our credit in case the above mentioned employee used our info to buy stuff. Tuesday just wasn't my day!

3 comments:

Leslie Jacobs said...

Oh my gosh! Kay, I was complaining about my day the other day. But, my day sounds like a cake walk compared to yours. Poor you!! That sounds so stressful!! Sorry. I hope the pictures turned out cute at the very least.

Steph said...

Man...what a day! I'm glad for you that its over. Hopefully nothing comes up on your credit. It's amazing how dishonest some people can be

Amanda said...

Oh dear, sounds like a really rough day. I had my identity stolen a few years back. They racked up over 600,000 worth of stuff. IT was a huge pain to clean up. Did you call the credit reporting agency and have them flag you credit?