Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tag!!!

1- Where​ were you when you first​ found​ out you were pregn​ant?​ I was at home both times.

2- Who was with you? I was alone.

3- How did you find out that you were pregn​ant? I was late with Brandon and had suspected that I was pregnant, but every time I took a pregnancy test it came up negative. Finally, 2 weeks after Aunt Flo was supposed to arrive I got a BFP!!! With Rylee, I had been temping and could tell by my high temps that something was up. I got a BFP with her a couple days before AF was set to arrive.


4- What was your first​ react​ion to findi​ng out you were pregn​ant? With Brandon, I was thrilled but really scared because I didn't know what to expect. That was such an exciting time though! With Rylee, I was really excited, but then once it hit me that I was pregnant, I was a little scared because I didn't know how I was going to handle having 2 kids.

5- Your Husba​nd's react​on?​ My husband doesn't really show much emotion usually (lame, I know) but I know he was happy and excited. With Rylee, he was completely shocked, but I'm pretty sure he was excited too.

6- Who was the first​ perso​n you told?​ With Brandon, Richard was the first person I told. With Rylee, I think I told everyone online first lol. Don't tell my husband that though...

7- Did you plan to get pregn​ant?​ Yes!

8- Was every​body happy​ for you? Nope, my parents were quite upset about it.

10- Did you go out and celebrate?​ Not that I remember.

11- Did you want to find out the sex? Yes, I couldn't wait to find out with both of them!

12- What was the sex? A boy and a girl.

13- Did anyon​e throw​ you a baby showe​r?​ Yes, I had a surprise baby shower for Brandon, and a friend threw me one for Rylee.

14- If yes, who? Friends and family- too many people to name.

15- Did you get any outfi​ts at the baby showe​r that you just knew you weren​'​t going​ to put on your baby?​ No, I was beyond thrilled with everything.

16- How much weigh​t did you gain?​ 25 lbs with Brandon and 20lbs with Rylee.

17- Did you loose​ all of the weigh​t that you gaine​d? ​ I lost all of my baby weight the day I gave birth to my kids. Not sure how that happened because I ate like a pig!!!

18- Did you get a lot of stret​ch marks​?​ Yes, only on the right side though lol.

19- What did you crave​ the most?​ McDonalds!!!

20- Did you crave​ anyth​ing crazy​?​ Nope, but I felt like I was going to go crazy if I didn't get my McDonalds!

21- Who or what got on your nerve​s the most?​ My husband was just because he didn't understand what I was going through (I wish he had been a little more sympathetic) and work did when I was pregnant with Brandon.

22- Were you marri​ed at the time? Yes.

23- Did you have any compl​icati​ons durin​g your pregn​ancy?​ Yes, I had pre-eclampsia with Brandon and I had severe morning sickness my entire pregnancy with him. Thank goodness for Phenergan!!!

24- Where​ were you when you went into labor​?​ I was induced with Brandon, so I was at the hospital with him when I finally went into labor. I had a scheduled c-section with Rylee.

25- Did your water​ break​?​ The Dr. broke my water with Brandon, and I was in surgery when it broke with Rylee.

26- Who drove​ you to the hospi​tal? ​ Richard.

Where is # 27?

28- Did you go early​ or late?​ I was about 3 weeks past due with Brandon, and I had Rylee on her due date.

29- Who was in the room with you when you gave birth​?​ Richard, my labor nurse, my Dr. and an on-call Dr., NICU Dr.s and nurses, the anesthesiologist, and a few other people- not sure who they were.

30- Was it video​ taped​?​ No, c-section can't be video taped.

31- Did you have any drugs​ for the pain?​ Oh yes, lot's and lot's of drugs!

32- Did you go Natur​al or have a c-​secti​on?​ c-sections with both

33- What was your first​ react​ion after​ givin​g birth​?​ I cried because I was so happy to see my baby's- it was such a huge life changing moment for me seeing both my kids.

34- How big was the baby?​​ Brandon was 9lbs 12 oz and 23 3/4 inches long. Rylee was 7lbs 12 oz and 20 inches long.

35- Did your Husba​nd cry? I'm not sure, he had a surgical mask on so it was hard to tell.

36- What did you name the baby?​ Brandon Porter and Rylee Grace.

37- Did the baby have any compl​icati​ons? ​ Since Brandon was so big, his blood sugars were way off. They had to keep him in the nursery for a couple hours after he was born. Rylee was good though.

38- How old is the baby today​?​ 2 years 6 months, and almost 8 months **sniff sniff**

39- When is the next one comin​g?​ I'm not sure. If we have any more it will probably be in a few years.

40- Are you marri​ed now? Yes

41-​If you could​,​ would​ you do it all over again​?​ Of course!!!


I select every mom who wants to, to do this survey!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

That was really fun to read your answers!! You're so lucky you could McDonald's everyday and all the weight came off!! That was SO not the case with me!! I want your metabolism!!

The Becker Bunch said...

This was cute...I'll totally do the tag when I get a free minute!! I love yoru blog...and the dedication to your neice is BEAUTIFUL!!

Aubrey said...

Hi Joey! I just found your blog, it's been fun reading it. We need to get together for a play date!