Monday, October 6, 2008

Busy!

We've been so busy lately that it hasn't left much time for blogging. There's not a lot to update on, just the usual stuff.

I'll start with Brandon first, since he's usually what keeps me the busiest. We had our occupational therapist come out and do a sensory delay test on him to see which sensory disorder gives him the most trouble. She said that he has a significant delay in all aspects of the sensory spectrum. In most regards, I think that he handles the hand that life dealt him really well. I'm sure he seems out of control, and maybe even a little bit slow due to his speech delay, to most people, but underneath it all he's got such a great personality. I love my big guy! He's patiently waiting for the return of his favorite person in the world, Kristi (aka speech therapist), who's currently in Texas adopting a little boy. Other then that, he'll be starting pre pre-school soon at Headstart. We're hoping that he will qualify to go to actual pre-school there when he turns 3, but if not there are a couple other options we can look into.

Now onto Rylee. My sweet girl turned 8 months just last week. She's also recently started pulling her self up onto furniture, and she's trying very hard to stand up without the help of furniture. They grow up so fast! She's been drooling and biting everything in site, and we can feel just a sliver of her second tooth coming in. She also has a huge appetite and will eat anything in front of her- honestly, she's not picky in the least bit! She's such a petite little thing though, she hasn't gained more then 2lbs since April. We were concerned, but our pediatrician reasured us that it's just how Rylee is. Quite the contrary to how Brandon was at this age. =)

As for Richard and I, I guess we're just busy with normal adult life stuff (ie work, housework, kids, etc.). Nothing too interesting! Richard will be leaving town on Sunday for his job, and I'm already worrying about losing my sanity while he's gone. I've been burying my head in Twilight lately, so maybe I'll just have to reread them while he's gone to keep myself occupied (if you haven't read them yet, you should! They are the best books!). Anyways, that's it for us. We're boring people, can you tell?!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

It doesn't sound boring, just really busy! I LOVE Twilight too! I can't wait for the movie to come out! I also have a huge crush on Edward, and constantly tell Jim it's a good thing Edward is a fictional character, or we'd have some problems! :)